Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 7, 2011

Poem Request From Oprah

Well I've finally got my poems off of my desk and mailed them to Oprah Wimfrey today via email. Oprah is requesting people to send her their favorite poem. She will make a selection from the thousands that will undoubtedly be sent to her, to be published in her upcoming April O magazine.

After reading and re-reading several of the poems I wrote, today I was finally able to make my selections. I sent her three. The rules are unclear to me as to how many poems a person can submit, but I hope I am safe in this case. I happen to love the poems I selected but the response to her request must be massive. So I won't hold my breath waiting for a response.

I would love for you to take a look at some of my poems for yourself and let me know what you think of them. You can visit my website by going to www.motivationalpoetry.webs.com

So all of you poetry lovers, there is still some time left for you to send Oprah your favorite poem. Go to oprah.com to see the full details.

Actually, I'm doing a juggling act by working on four different writing projects at the same time. One of them is for the poetry book, and another is for the short story series featuring Cindy the Storyteller. I have two other projects on hold for now because I need to organize my time in order for it to work out better for me. As you know of course, being organized means everything in this business.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment