Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Great Book Reading by Sapphire

BlogWithIntegrity.com I went to a reading given by the author Sapphire this week end. In case any of you don't know who Sapphire is, allow me to fill you in. She is the author of the book "Push", which inspired the movie Precious. You may remember that Precious was an award winning movie back in 2009.

If you were one of the lucky ones who saw it, you will most likely have the same feelings I have towards the movie. It brings out my sensitivity toward young poor and disadvantaged children everywhere, especially girls. Who could ever forget Precious, or her mother's character in the movie played by Monique. Monique went on to win an academy award for her work.

Anyway, it was very exciting for me to meet the author that inspired the movie. I hadn't bought her book before her reading but after seeing her in person and listening to her dramatic reading, I could not leave the building without getting an autographed copy of her book.

I also learned a thing or two listening to her read from selected pages in the book.
Tone is everything. You must project the right tone in your voice, and in just the right pitch to get across to your audience what you want them to know, and even what you want them to feel. In a way, the author will need to be a bit of an actor during a good book reading. A good book reading will no doubt convert into a good book signing

I believe a good book reading is something all authors should aspire to do. Your presentation can tell a great story, making everyone present wanting the book. Book sales convert into cash in your hands.

My book of poetry won't be ready for another week or so, But please feel free to read a few selected poems I placed on the website I recently launched to advertise it. Go to: www.motivationalpoetry.webs.com

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment