Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Non fiction writing

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms! I am writing a non fiction book for 10 to 12 year olds. This is the first time I've undertaken such a project. Mostly I write cute short stories for 10 to 14 year olds. To my surprise, this non fiction project has given me much more material than what I realized. I am forced to take this project into a different direction. I will combine all of the information I've collected into several nice books, instead of trying to jam it all in one big book. From the one topic I am writing about, I have at least five different related subjects to explore. Hence, five new book posibilities which I will be following up on.

I happen to love the creative/fictional writing I do for my niche group but I feel just as good about the non fiction writing. The non fictional writing will make my work more diverse of course, and will give it a broader subject selection. I know I've blogged about non fiction writing in the past, as it was always an interest to me. But now I am finally officially doing the work needed to add a non fiction book to offer my niche group.

No comments:

Post a Comment