Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 3, 2011

How You Can Use National Read Day to Get More Publicity

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms! Since yesterday was national read day, I spent a couple of hours at my local library reading to a small group of children that frequent the library after school. I admit it; I had a lot of fun doing so. The interaction I had with them after each reading was especially enjoyable. As I looked into the faces of the young children during the reading and the discussion afterwards, I could not have been happier. They were engaged in the stories I read them and responded appropriately.

I wish I could say that I've done this sort of thing many times in the past, but unfortunately no, I can't. However, I'm not going to cry over spilled milk. I've made a decision to visit the libraty at least once a month or so, and not wait until national read day before I take a young group of children under my wing (as long as I am given permission to do so of course) Doing this, I will be giving a service to my neighbood and will get better known in my community. Hopefully they (both children and pareents) will look forward to my new books when published.

In case some of you did not know it, March 2nd is National Read Day. It is a time to spotlite the impotance of reading to children all across the USA. March 2nd was chosen because it is the birthday of Dr. Suess, who is the author of such popular books as The Cat in the Hat, and Green Eggs and Ham.

This is also a time you can introduce yourself to your community as well. Go to your library and get permission to read to a group of children (I'm asuming that you are writing for children) I found it to be fun and rewarding. And for your information, the month of April, is National Poetry Month. I already have poetry readings scheduled at four different libraries in near by communities. Perhaps you can make time to read some poetry during National Poetry Month also.

If you are interested, you can visit my website at, www.motivationalpoetry.webs.com and read excerpts from my new book Motivational Poetry Just copy and past the web address in your browser. Also you can read my short story of Cindy the Story Teller on my page at the author's den at; www.authorsden.com/carolynsands

No comments:

Post a Comment