Are you sometimes so overwhelmed with things you need to do that you find yourself a little too stressed out sometimes? No matter what your situation is, getting too stressed out is never a good thing. What would happen to that wonderful project you have in your head when you get too stressed out? You may continue to work on it when you get the time, but with a mountain of things you need to do, you may find yourself putting your project on the back burner. Or even worse, the job you do on it will probably not reach your maximum potential. I've been there. Perhaps we've all been there at some point. A lot of you may still be struggeling with this. So I would like to share with you my 5 ways to manage time more effectively which should prevent a lot of stress from mounting.
1) Keep a daily log of your "to do list".
2) Make the most difficult task on the list your number one thing to do,the second most difficult thing, your number two, and preceed accordingly.
3) When you check your emails, highlight the ones you may want to take a closser look at, and delete the others. Don't spend too much time with the emails because it can get you sidetracked.
4)Answer the important emails right away in addition to answering all of your import phone calls.
5) Multitask when possible. For example, you may be able to make copies of somethings you need, and clear off your desk while the printer is making your copies.
6) Make the last thing you were working on at the end of the day, your first thing on your to do list for the next day unless something comes up more important.
Well those are the tactics I use to manage time effectively, and cut down on stress. I hope I've been of some help to you.