Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Technically Challenged?

Well I've had an interesting day. For a large part of my day I was working on setting up a website to use for advertising my book of poetry. Boy do I have a lot to learn. I am definitely technically challenged.

The company hosting the website offers a tutorial to teach how to set up the site yet, I am having trouble getting it up and running. Go figure. In a way, this reminds me of an open book test I sometimes took years ago when I was going to school. Wouldn't you know, they were always the hardest. Now the tutorial is giving me all the information I need to put my site together within 5 or 10 minutes (so it states) but here it is at the end of the day and I still don't have my site launched. Well I refuse to go through another day like this one, so therefore I have no other option but to call out the big guns.....my 14 year old granddaughter will be here promptly after Church tomorrow. I expect my site to be launched within 15 minutes after she arrives.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in the book, here is a direct link to the publishing company. www.xlibris.com/motivationalpoems There will be excerpts from the book available so you can get a better feel for the flow of the poetry. Actually the book wont be ready for distribution for another couple of weeks but I am trying to get what business I need to do on my end in place.

All of you young authors must keep in mind the need for a website to advertise your new book. There is no reason for you to spend a lot of money in developing a website either. Companies now days have all of the tools for you to build your own website for a very small fee. The good thing is,if you are technically challenged like myself, hopefully you can grab a friend or a family member (like I did) to help launch your website.

I'm starting to spend more time on one of my projects for children's stories. I'm very excited about this one. I decided to turn my little Cindy the story teller into a series. This should be interesting.....it has my juices flowing. If anyone wants to read my first short story featuring Cindy the Storyteller, you can visit my page at www.authorsden.com/carolynsands

No comments:

Post a Comment